Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mother of 4

This past Sunday was Mother's Day and it was wonderful. Gaupo did a great job of fixing what I wanted to eat. I did try to keep it easy because for one its Sunday and two we have four kids, but lunch of sandwiches was great and I really enjoyed my pumpkin pancakes. The kids were well behaved and I got to go alone to Relief Society. I also got to spend about an hour and half cleaning at my friends house. She is moving and I hadn't really had a chance to help her out yet and although it was Sunday it needed to get done, so I went and it was great to visit with her and help her with some things that needed to be done.
The twins after Church.
Tia's after church outfit.
Kylee and I at pasteries for parents a couple weeks ago.
So, even though Mother's Day itself was great. My favorite day was Saturday. I have been wanting to clean the twins room out for awhile and Saturday it finally happened. It wasn't suppose to take as long as it did, but when you organize one thing tends to lead to another. Anyway, I had spent a few day earlier sorting through kids clothes, toys, and our books to decide what needed to just go away and then getting the rest kind of organized. Then Saturday the plan was to move the storage shelves from the twins room to the basement storage, but they didn't fit. However, I still had stuff that needed shelf space so we had to reorganize the storage room. Then the garage so that shelves could go there. It was really very crazy and its not quite done yet. We still need to find homes for some blankets and stuff but there are now 2 pack-n-plays in the twins room and a closet for their stuff. Plus, I know where everything is. The storage room looks great and so does the garage. It feels SOOOOO good to have it all organized. The reason it isn't done is because we needed to play too. Gaupo bought me a bike for my birthday/Mother's Day and it was finally good weather Saturday so we went on a family bike ride to the park. It was fun to get our and I LOVE my bike. It was fun to be together and outside it was awesome. When we got back we made our own cocunut shrimp. It wasn't quite as good as Red Lobster, but it was still really good and not too hard either. 
Me and my new bike. I promise I was happy. I was just cold too.
Me, Kylee, Tia, and Gaupo with the twins. Once again, I promise I was having a good time its just tricky to take a family selfie while riding a bike.
Tia, and Kylee at the park.
So Saturday was great, but so was Friday night. Friday night we went on our first date since the twins. We left the kids with a friend and went to the temple and Wendy's. I know not real high spenders here, but it is what I wanted to do, so we did it. It was so nice to go to the temple and Gaupo and I got a good use of the 45 minute drive there and back talking about things. We needed to have time to talk together about things and it gave us the perfect time and good platform to start out on. Wendy's was also really good. However, when we went to pick up the kids we found out Abby wouldn't take her bottle, so that is kind of a bummer, but you know at least we got to once. We can go again we just have to time it a little different. Anyway, it was good to get away just for a bit and to have time to talk with each other. Personally, I think this date is one reason why Saturday was so great. We had a plan and we worked together and spent time as a family it was great.
Gaupo and I making funny faces at the temple.
 I love being a mom although a lot of times it can be really challenging and exhausting. However, I wouldn't change it or give away any of my kids. They all teach me so much and show me that I really can do many things. They are all so unique and have help build me and stretch me. I love my family. They truly bring me so much joy.
Recent lesson learned: I can die 22 kids white shirts purple in my washing machine. All the shirts are in the dryer in this pic and all those rubber bands Gaupo and I had to take off the shirts. There were so many, but it was actually pretty cool to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment