Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Putting Things In Order

Lately, I have been working hard at putting things in order. Our home worked really well for us 4 'big' people, but we are now a family of 6 with two littles again. These two littles are such a blessing to our family. There sister love them so much. They really have a hard time keeping their hands off of them, and in Kylee and Tia's mind Gaupo and I have never gotten them better toys. Yes, they play with Kade and Abby all the time. It is sometimes stressful and overwhelming how much they love them, but I would so much rather have the love than the envy and the could very much have been or be the case. But, as much as we love Kade and Abby they help make our home just a little bit fuller and so we needed to set somethings in order.

First, they kind of started getting big enough that when we slept them together they would flail around and wake each other up, so it was time to move them to separate beds. However, the week before we decided that I went through the big girls clothes and toned down the winter wear and added in summer, and consequently had a big pile of clothes I just kind of chucked to the side in the babies room. That pile, 2 full closets, and a giant storage shelf did not lend itself to having two bed in there, so I had some tidying up to do. Oh man, it took a lot of work. I sorted and organized TONS of clothes. I sorted through books, and toys. I moved things around and go it all ready to go. It took such a long time. Then I needed Gaupo to help me move the big shelves. We were going to put them in the storage room in the basement, but turns out they don't fit, so we had to move them to the garage. So, Gaupo had to organize the garage. Plus, I still needed some shelves to put some the clothes I sorted through on, so we also had to organize the storage room better. It was a HUGE process for just adding one more little pack-n-play to a bedroom. However, it is totally worth it. We still have a few blankets and a couple little things that need to find a home in there room, but they actually have a room and I love it. Plus the garage looks great. We can get out bikes, strollers, scooters, rollerblades, and really everything we want and there is room to move around, it is awesome.

Another change we needed to make for our growing babies is getting the piano out of the kitchen. Yes, my piano was in my kitchen. It was because it gave us more space in the living room. However, with getting six people around the table and trying to arrange the kids so I have access to the twins and can still help the other two if needed put kids by the piano. Before, it was just Gaupo. I didn't like that, especially since the twins are going to start solid food soon. So, I needed it moved. At first I thought we would just have to have wall to wall furniture in the living room, but then I got a rocking chair from a friend who was moving. So, we moved the rocking couch to the basement, and put the piano and the rocker in the living room and I think it works really well. Plus, the rocking chair is really comfy and still pretty big. Its squishy with all 4 kids and me, but it can be done.

My house is not totally in order and defiantly not as clean as I would like, but its getting better slowly. I thought I new about priorities and letting things go as needed with just my two kids, but turns out not really. There are so many things I wish I could do. There are always things that could be done or be cleaner or more organized, but you know I have children that need love, attention, and food, and they come first. They probably don't feel like it sometimes, but they do. So, the messy kitchen floor, dirty bathroom (mainly because I have child who plays in the mud and then washes everything in there), a couple of piles, and slightly messy rooms can wait. I get to them to some degree but they can wait there turn while I raise my kids and love them.

Besides getting my house in order, I needed to get my life in order a little bit more too. Shortly after I found out I was having twins I kind of stopped exercising for a number of reasons and I have wanted to start again because I feel so much better about myself and life when I do, but with nursing and kids school stuff and babies and LIFE, I just haven't really gotten back to it like I would like. However, I decided that for a season--this season--I could workout at night. I asked Gaupo if that would work with him because it is kind of our time together and he was good with it and we even made a goal to try to do it together twice a week. Now, we are just kind of starting but we have done it twice and I have worked out at night and I feel so much better. I feel like the health choices I make in the evening are so much better. I feel like I have more energy the next day. So far it seems to be working and I hope it will until I need to figure out something else. Another part of life that needed to get in order was my time in the scriptures. I have really wanted to spend more time in them especially with the new Come Follow Me book, but just couldn't find the time. However, since I don't have to worry about exercising in the morning now after I put the twins down for a nap I can read them or do it during a quiet time during the day. I have loved the pondering moments I have been able to have. Most recently I have pondered Mary and Martha (probably were a lot of this ordering my life and wanting and feeling the need to make changes started) and the rich young ruler.

Making these changes hasn't solved all my problems, but it has brought more joy to my journey. I love feel comfortable and organized in my home. I love reading the scriptures and inviting the power they have into my life. I love the way that doing something hard (exercise) makes me feel. I love my family and spending time with them. I love this journey, and I really want to enjoy it now. People often say, oh don't worry it wont last forever. But, I can't wait until the twins get older, or Tia doesn't need as much help, or Kylee is successful at school. I really want to enjoy my life now for what it is. I want to enjoy the good, take the bad and make the best of it, and enjoy my life. Most of the time I succeed and I will work at it because I am chose to and will keep choosing to be happy. I am a blessed woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment