Sunday, April 23, 2023

A Baby, A Concert and A Visit To Kitt

My sister Klaire decided to kick the week of with having her baby. So, baby Piper entered our family on Monday morning about 30ish minutes after her mom and dad got to the hospital. She gave her mom a little run for her money with a false alarm on Friday night, but then Monday she was ready and was here. Both Klaire and Piper are doing great and I can't wait to meet her. I haven't had a niece in 6.5 years, plus Klaire has most of my baby clothes so it is fun to see her in all the outfits. It was harder than I thought to part with them, but seeing them I am so glad I did because I still think they are so cute and am glad someone can use them just a little more.

Kylee and Tia had their Spring Kidzing concert. This is the before school choir that they have both done this year. The show was good and Kylee had a speaking part and did great with that. It was fun to watch them sing the words and perform with their group. Their last performance will be during a music festival at one of the high schools. They have enjoyed the group, but are also ready to be done going to school early on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I am very proud of both girls for trying it and sticking it out for the whole year.


Friday was somewhat of a me day. I got the big girls off to school and then came home to tidy up a bit and feed Hope and then we went to Costco. I was out of quite a few things and really needed a restock on some fresh veggies. I tried to do it quickly though because I wanted to get to Kitt's house. We have joked that it is great we live close to each other but probably best that we don't live any closer otherwise we wouldn't make friends outside of us. I feel so blessed to have the bond with my sisters that I do. Nothing fills my bucket more than a great time with my sisters. I arrived at Kitt's house in enough time to play for a little before lunch. Oh man, Jay's smile is just one of pure joy. I LOVE it and have super hard time telling him no. He is just so happy and loves to move and I love it. I love that I am not too much for him. Some of my nieces and nephews find me a bit intense so its so fun to have one that loves that about me. Anyway, we played in the basement and had a great time. Then we had lunch and got the kids down for a nap. Then I fed Hope and got her down. Then Kitt fed Hugh. Then we super speedy went and play a quick game of pickleball in which I got totally annihilated in, but it was still fun to play and maybe I will get better. Who knows, Kitt plays a lot so if I do get better she probably will too, so I guess I better just love playing and not be focused on winning. Way, way, way too soon I had to head home. When I was leaving Matthew came to the window and said "Your done playing already." "No, but I have to go home," I replied. It really was too soon, but at least we got a quicky in.

I sure am grateful for all the family I have. I love mine and Gaupo's little crew. I love my parents, my siblings, their spouses and kids. Plus, Guapo's parents, siblings, their spouses and kids. I am part of such a great group. I feel so so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment