Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter

I love Easter. It is one of my favorite holiday's because it seems like it is all about family, and all about doing stuff together. This was our first year doing Easter kind of for real. We started by having an Easter picnic. It was not near as grand as the Bryce one's we had when I was growing up, but it was still fun. We cooked a turkey because that is what we had (I know ham is what your suppose to have, but we were already way over on our food budget for the month). I also had us cook it on Saturday because it makes such a big mess which is way easier to clean up on Saturday. Anyway we had the yummy turkey, bread, fish crackers, and Powerade, and Little One had a P.B. sandwich because she wont eat turkey. I was pleasantly surprise that Little One ate until she was full, and then proceeded to crawl around and get into things. It was really fun to have a picnic together even if it was short and on the back deck. Oh well, outside with yummy food and excellent can it get any better I would have to say, No.


Me and Little One chill'in on the 'Ants' quilt.

Our beautiful lunch and our beautiful daughter.

Gaupo looking at me like 'Why are taking my picture?'
The next Easter tradition that we wanted to start was an egg hunt. So, eggs were hidden, as much as you can hide eggs for a one year old. Then when Little One got up in the morning I fed her and she dinked around on the couch like she usually does and then Gaupo said 'Okay, tell Mommy to let you down.' So, I did and I tell you we have a natural. She noticed the blue egg under the love seat and took off. She picked up and then noticed there were more so she kept going. Once she had about six eggs in the middle of the floor she got distracted with them, so we put them in her hat (we didn't have a basket) and she proceeded to look for more. She did really well and only need a help with a few. She even noticed the one on the fridge and looked at Gaupo for help when she saw it. It was funny to watch her sprawl out on the floor to get the ones underneath things, or to reach as far as she could to get the high ones. It was so fun. All her efforts produced her this bounteous loot.

Emptying them all on the floor.
Our other festivities included going to church, eating a feast of mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, salad, jello, and dessert. It also included a good Easter discussion that evening between Gaupo and I. Overall it was a really fun day enjoying each other.

Well hope your Easter was fun too.


1 comment: