Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Before Reunion

Yes, this year we had our family reunion August 9-13, but before that the party started. It started August 2.

My Brother's family came to visit us from Texas. I went to pick them up by myself at Denver International. I wish I could have taken the girls, but I just don't have a car with that many seat belts yet, so I had to get a babysitter. Anyway, I went to DIA to pick them up, and WOW you can tell I always do curbside pick-ups because I honestly had the worst time finding a parking spot, then ended up in the wrong terminal, then took a while to find them, oh man, I am just not good at that. Hopefully, I can get better, but if not do curbside pickup, that I am a pro at. Anyway, I picked them up at 2-ish and we headed home. When we arrived my girls were up and ready to play. It was fun to watch everyone get acquainted with each other. Kylee and Betty haven't seen each other in over a year and then Tia and Allen had never met. We adults visited while the kids played. I love having guests because it also gives me someone to talk to all the time. So, we visited until Gaupo got home and then we had dinner. We got a box buster pizza from Smack Daddy's. I have been wanting to get this pizza for awhile and Jack convinced me to do it, and that it was a slightly better deal then getting two larges. Anyway, it was really good. I really enjoyed it, and the fact that it was huge definitely made it that much cooler. That night I don't know what we did except give the kids baths, but I am sure we had fun.

Sunday went well, unless you ask Jack he thought it went terrible. However, I am use to 1-4 church so that may have something to do with it.

Monday, we did a couple of fun things. The first thing we did was ride the city bus to Gaupo's work. It was kind of interesting trying to navigate where to get off and how far we needed to walk and things, but we made it there and back with only slight mishaps. Not too bad for my first time on public transportation. Then that night for Family Home Evening we went to the Boulder County Fair which is usually really fun unless its closed. (Seriously here, who closes a fair?) Anyway, parts of it were still open and the girls got to play in some goofy carts, and  we took some fun pictures. Then Jack and Lindsay treated us to Menchie's. It was really fun. We had never eaten there and Kylee thought it was great to try all the different flavors, have her own spoon, and eat her daddy's ice cream. It was a super fun day filled with firsts.

Waiting for the bus to come. (Allen, Lindsday, Betty, Kylee, Me, Tia)

Jack waiting for the bus.

Kylee, Tia, and I on the bus.
The two girls loved these carts. They thought they were so fun.

Goofy pictures. Me and Gaupo.

Tia and Kylee,

Tuesday was kind of crazy. So, Jack and Lindsay had to go get there rental car and do some shopping, so I stayed home with all four kids. It went pretty well, while two were asleep. However, I was so done hearing "stop touching me," "Mommy, scared of Betty," and other such nonsense that I need to get out. So, when Tia woke up, I checked on Allen and he woke up, so we went to the park. I put three kids in my double stroller, and strapped Allen to me and headed out. It went really well and was better than being home, but I still don't know that I could do two sets of twins that close together. OH BABY, that would be crazy! After, the park we came home had lunch and put the kids to bed. Then we picked up the babysitter, and us adults went on a date. We went to the rec center. It was really fun we played on the slides, the diving board, the lazy river, and swam. It was really fun. Then we went and got ice cream for later and came home. Then we had dinner, and sent Gaupo back to work. Lindsay and I then took the girls to the pool. It was fun. We even took them on the big slides. Oh man, they both loved that especially Betty. After we got home, baths taken, and kids to bed. It was time for ice cream, so we did and played some games. It was a fun day.

Wednesday, they left. It was sad, but not too sad because we were meeting up again at reunion.

1 comment: