Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

I totally meant to blog about labor day just after it happened, but it didn't happen obviously. Anyway, it was a fantastic weekend and I hope I can remember it all. Sorry in advance for no pictures, I was too busy enjoying it all.

Saturday was a great start to our weekend. We started it off with breakfast on the griddle. Oh man that meal is just so good. We had hash browns, pancakes, and bacon. After breakfast and Tia's morning nap we decided to take the girls on a bike ride to a 'new' park. In other words it was a park we have never taken them too. We rode our bikes there and for the most part the girls enjoyed that. Honestly they tend to fall over on one another and so they get kind of grouchy after a bit. Anyway, the 'new' park aka Lanyon Park was super fun. It had swings and slides. We swung first because that is Kylee's favorite thing to do at the park. Then we played on the slides. Tia actually really enjoys going down slides and so she loved this part. Lanyon Park has a very tall tube twisty slide. It was fun to watch the girls go down. Tia looked like a little frog in there, and she even stopped herself a couple of times, so Gaupo had to climb up there and pull her down again. Once we got home from that we had lunch and naps. Then we started dinner. We had Chuck Wagon Casserole for dinner. We love using our dutch oven and alternative forms of heat (camp chef burners, coals, and fire.) It was so tasty and it was fun to play outside with the girls while it was cooking. As soon as it was done, we cleaned it out and started baking a cobbler. We made peach cobbler with a white cake mix and cherry 7UP. It was pretty good. After the girls went to bed Gaupo and I watched 'Hook.' [You see Kylee had the book 'How I became a Pirate' and it really got me in the piratey mood. I was originally going to watch Stardust because its kind of piratey, but Hook was definitely a better choice.]

Sunday was fairly normal. Although we did drive to church for fear of rain, but of course it didn't until after we were home. It was the 5th Sunday, so I didn't have to teach and just kind of got to enjoy the day. Oh yeah, and Kylee and I did go on our morning walk. I think it is so funny that we always go to the same spots, and she always wants to climb on and 'jump' off (this usually involves sitting first or holding my hand) everything. It is so fun to watch her play and I really do enjoy the fact that she loves spending time with me. Also, it has developed a nice habit for her because now she will 'rest' (that's what we call it instead of a nap) before church.

Monday was the actual holiday. Gaupo and I decided that we really needed to get moving that morning, so I went on a "long" run and he took the girls for a bike ride. I say long run because my normal run is about 3 miles long and I would like to run a little longer route but I am always afraid that Tia will fall asleep in the stroller on the way and then I will lose her morning nap. Anyway, with Gaupo home I decided to do the longer one which is only about 4.25, but it was fun to go a little longer and push a little harder on the way home. After that invigorating workout we decided to have a breakfast of bacon, eggs, and muffins. While we were doing that we cleaned out deck, and washed it so that on Tuesday we could paint it. After breakfast, we finished up the deck and made a picnic lunch. Then once Tia woke up Gaupo and I decided to take them to another new park. We rode our bikes out to Sandstone Ranch. (That was a little crazy because it is four miles just one way, but actually it was a fun ride) Once we got there, we visited the 3 playgrounds, had our picnic lunch and headed home. Gaupo biked the kids most of the way home. I started doing the last leg of the journey (the trailer is really heavy and hard to pull) and everything was going well. I even had Kylee in the back cheering me on saying "Go mommy, Go!!" So, I was going pumping hard to get to the top of the hill, so I could sail on home, and then all of the sudden the gears slip, I can't pedal, it throws of my momentum and steering and I wreck. I bailed off the bike, luckily the trailer managed to make it over the curb without tipping. Oh man, I was rattled. Luckily no one was hurt. I was just really shook up and consequently kind of mad at Gaupo for not telling me exactly what he meant by sometimes his gears slipped. Anyway, we all made it home. I took a nap and felt much better. After my nap, we got ready for company! I love having people over. We had the Jacobson's over. They have a little girl Kylee's age. We had a wiener roast with baked beans, potato salad, chips, and somore's. It was so good and the company was great. It was so fun to watch Kylee and Tory play together. They had a good time which left time for us adults to visit. Once the party was over, we got the girls ready for bed. Then we showered, and watch some Hogan's Hero's.

Tuesday morning was still part of the weekend because Gaupo didn't have to work. We painted out entire deck during Tia's nap time. We let Kylee help. I told her that her paint was on the lid and they she could only paint the deck. She listened and it was the cutest thing ever. She painted a 'door' (slats on the deck sides) for Ryker, Matthew, Issac, and Aubrey. (kids from nursery) She would run back and forth dipping her brush and painting. It was so fun. Eventually the weekend ended and Gaupo went to work. That night the girls and I went to the rec center. We played in the big pool because the kiddy pool was still getting new toys installed and then we played in the 'bath tub' aka the hot tub.

Like I said a great weekend. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I meant to take some, but as you can tell it didn't happen.

As a side note as of late Tia is still scooting and get quite upset when Kylee runs off without her. Tia has also learned how to climb the stairs though I am not so sure about her ability to get down. I try to help her, but she grabs onto the carpet and so I can't. She also loves any food we will give her. We have recently started fruits and she LOVES them. She can also pick up cherrio's which makes her much  happier at dinner time. Kylee is still a little ball of fire. She has learned to go potty all by herself although she doesn't really like to. She loves trying to teach Tia to sign "more." She also want to help Tia dance, walk, climb the stairs, and give her any comfort she can when she is upset. These two girls are so funny. I love them and their dad. My family brings me so much joy.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! No worries about no pictures. It just means you were having too much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete