Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday Sept. 30, 2014

Nothing real earth shaking has happened recently, so I decided that maybe I would just write about today. It wasn't a typical Tuesday, but it was pretty close and it was good so here we go.

Today, Gaupo's alarm sounded at 6:00 AM. Gaupo always sets the alarm and turns it off, but I am the one that actually gets crack-a-lackin' closest to when it goes off. Anyway, it was kind of dark this morning, so I had a hard to rousing myself and getting motivated, but around 6:20 (which is doing really good still) I got out of bed and said my prayers. Then I climbed back on top of my bed to read my scriptures. I have been reading them electronically because I wanted something new. Its not that the words are different, but sometimes reading in new scriptures or on a device leads you to new insights. This mornings reading was in Alma when the stripling warriors first arrive to help Antipus (sp?) fight. I also read part of a conference talk. I honestly can't remember right now what that one was about. After ready for about 20 minutes, I heard my girls starting to get restless. I pondered about life for like 5 minutes and then Kylee started saying "Mommy, potty." I got up, took her to the potty and then sent her back to her room to read Tia books until I was "ready." Ready mean I have my hair in a ponytail, face washed, and mascara on. I then went and got my girls up. I got Tia out of bed, then we proceed to pick out the clothes for the day. Kylee was really torn between wearing her white shirt and dress or another shirt. She finally decided on the white shirt and dress. I got to choose Tia's outfit today and it was really cute. It was one of her outfits meaning it had no previous owner. Then we did Kylee's hair which was done in her current favorite, a big bun complete with clips and a crown.

After doing hair, we came downstairs and got Kylee her sippy cup of milk and I settled on the couch to feed Tia. Yes, I know pretty amazing that she waits until about 7:25 in the morning to eat. Shortly after I get started, Gaupo comes downstairs and gets his breakfast of a glass of milk, and then rushes upstairs to brush his teeth. Once he is back down we have family prayers and scriptures. It was kind of chaotic because Tia was climbing all over Gaupo, and trying to grab Kylee's scriptures. However, we did accomplish it. Then we had prayers, hugs, and sent Gaupo off to work.

I then told the girls to wait there for like 2 minutes while I ran upstairs to change into another t-shirt and gym shorts so we could go running. We then stretched, and went on our run. We did our normal run which is about 3 miles long. It was a good run. You can definitely tell fall is in the air because its a little chilly in the mornings. But, I love my run because its just some time to pound it out and to clear my head for the day. After the run, I fed Tia again and got her down for a nap around 9:15. Then I made Kylee and I oatmeal for breakfast. It wasn't the best this morning, but it wasn't the worst and it was warm. After I got breakfast cleaned up, I clean the kitchen floor. It was so bad. Tia's belly was getting quite dirty trying to clean it for me as she scoots all over the floor. After cleaning the floor, I took a shower while Kylee watched "Princesses" aka Frozen. By then Tia was awake, so we came downstairs changed her diaper and headed to the park. I love the park, because most times it is a place where your kids can each have your attention, but also do their own thing. Then we went home for lunch.

Gaupo got home about the same time we did, so he heated up leftovers and made Kylee a Peanut Butter and Jam sandwich. That is currently what she has everyday for lunch. I fed Tia and then made her baby cereal and we all had lunch together. It was fun. It has been awhile because Gaupo has had to cover the lab lately and so he doesn't get off until 1:00 which is when naps are. So, after lunch we got the girls down and then kind of just relaxed. After facebook, blogs, and email , I practiced the piano for a bit. Then Gaupo and I play Yahtzee. It was really fun to play together. Gaupo won 2 out of 3 just in case you were wondering about that. Then we folded laundry (oh yeah that was going on all day). Gaupo took some of his stuff upstairs and came down with Kylee. So, we played the piano with her and waited for Tia to wake up. Around 4:00 she did and I fed her and then we had dinner. I had leftovers. I have been so hungry today. I have had substantial food, but it hasn't  been sticking. Anyway, Kylee and I had leftover Hawaiian Haystacks while Gaupo wasn't hungry so he just had a cheese stick and crackers. Then he left for work.

As he was leaving, I cleaned up dinner. Then I finished folding the last of the laundry and helped the girls put away there stuff, and moved Tia up a size in clothes. We will see if I am too early on that move. Next, we got ready to go to the pool. Once everyone was changed we head to the Rec Center. We played in the pool which pretty much consisted of walking around, Kylee blowing bubble, and both of them splashing it really is pretty fun. Then we rinsed off and came home. Here I got the girls in the tub for a quick bath, then jammies, and teeth brushing. We then went downstairs where I fed Tia while Kylee picked up her books and toys. We had family prayers. Then I rocked Tia for a bit, while Kylee "fed" kitty (Kylee's stuffed animal), wrapped her up, and put her to sleep. Then  I layed Tia down. Then I asked Kylee if she was hungry and gave her a snack while I read her "The Best Teacher Ever." Then I rocked and sang while she finished eating. Then we used the potty, said her prayers, and went upstairs. Once I had her laying down in bed, I sang to her. Her current song is "I Lived in Heaven" all 3 verses.

After singing to Kylee, I took a shower, put on my pj's and came downstairs. I grabbed a couple of cookies and wrote this. Yep, that was today. Nothing too special, but fun and full of family. I love just filling my day with my kids, and home.

I don't have any pictures from today, but here are a couple I took on Sunday of Tia.

Our smiley girl. 9.5 months.

So excited!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment