Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Holy Cow! I Have a Four Year-Old

I am like Kylee four seems very old. It is hard to believe it was only four years ago that this little fountain of energy and joy entered my life, but also I am like that is so crazy I am not mature enough or old enough to have a four year-old. Oh well, I have one and she is awesome!

We celebrated Kylee's birthday twice. She really wanted to celebrate with her Aunt Kitt, but Kitt couldn't come until Saturday. So we did a little celebrating on Thursday and then even more on Saturday. Both celebrations we super fun.

Thursday morning started about 6:30. Kylee woke up raring to go. So, she got up early enough to start muffins with me and then we opened some presents. She got a new outfit, training wheels, and a tire tube. Gaupo worked really hard at trying to get her bike all put together, but alas the training wheels would not work with her bike. DANG. Anyway, Kylee was a good sport and I still helped her ride it that morning, I just held onto her.
Kylee talking to Oma and Papa on the phone.
She was kind of like "What's this?"
Opening the training wheels.
Kylee in her birthday outfit.
After all the presents were open, we had breakfast. Kylee wanted muffins, so that is what we did. Then we rushed out the door for swim lessons. Kylee did really good at swim lessons and Tia loves swimming in the pool. She is getting a little bit more rebellious as far as not wanting to practice her swimming skills, but she still had fun and so did Kylee. After lessons, we showered and rushed home so we could do speech. Kylee did so well with the whole lack of attention on her birthday thing. She was really so cute. Then we had lunch. After lunch, we gave Kylee another present--a new pillow. She really wanted one and we thought she might like it for a nap on her birthday. After naps, we got ready for the missionaries to come for dinner.
Kylee making her birthday brownies.
Kylee and Tia love the missionaries. So, they were so excited to have them. The missionaries were so sweet and even brought a present for Kylee. We had bean burritos and then we had brownies and ice cream for dessert. After dinner, we had a lesson and opened one more present.
Kylee with her crown.
Me, Kylee, Gaupo, and Tia.
Sis. Miller, Sis., Kylee, Tia, Me.
Then we sent the missionaries off and jumped in the car to go to Wal-Mart to find some new training wheels. It took forever, because they couldn't find the wheels we found in the system. So annoying, but luckily the girls were really good about everything and we were able to enjoy being a family. We got home and Gaupo put the wheels on her bike while I got the girls ready for bed. Once the wheels were on and the girls were ready for bed, Kylee took some test rides on her new bike. She loved it and really the new wheels we got are so much more Kylee then the tractor ones we had before. After a couple of laps around the loop, it was time for bed. I think Kylee really enjoyed her birthday.

Tia and Kylee with the bike.
The next time we celebrated was on Saturday. The morning started off kind of slow, but while Gaupo was doing homework us womenfolk went out to the backyard. I moved the playhouse and slide so they had the cement pad to ride their bikes and scooters on. We probably played outside for a good two hours. Then we came in and had lunch. Then the girls went down for a nap. I prepared a dinner for a family in our ward, so I wouldn't have to do it when Kitt arrived. Kitt arrived about 30 minutes after the girls woke-up from their naps. The party almost immediately began. We opened the rest of Kylee's presents which included more clothes, a ball, a new doll, doll bottles, and nail polish.
Tia with her sister present.
Kylee opening her ball from Tia.


Kylee and her doll Lucy.

Tia feeding her baby with one of Kylee's new bottles.
Kylee was so pleased. It took awhile to open presents because she wanted to try on all the new clothes she got. However, when we were all done everyone went outside to play. Gaupo gave Kylee's bike a little more TLC (tender loving care) so that the wheels would stop catching. Then I took the girls with me to take the family in our ward dinner. They are kind of an older couple and loved seeing the girls. Then we came home and made our birthday dinner of mac and cheese and hotdogs. It was very tastey. We made a glutten-free chocolate cake and I have made it before and it was really good, but the GF flour I have right now is nasty, so I didn't like the cake at all. So note to self, don't buy sorghum flour it has a flavor. Anyway, the ice cream was still good. After dinner we did baths and put the girls to bed. Then we just talked. Gaupo still had a little homework to finish, so Kitt and I chatted and chatted. We went to bed around 11ish I think. It was really fun to just visit.

Sunday Kitt went to church with us. That was super fun. I like taking my family to church because they are awesome and I like showing everyone who they are. It was fun to sit by my sister and Kylee loved having Aunt Kitt there to watch her do her scripture. It was so great. When we got home from church we had lunch and then naps. During naps we chatted more. Then we had breakfast for dinner. Which actually was really fun and nice to have on a fast Sunday. We had muffins (blueberry and chocolate), eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. So good. Kitt left around six so she could be home for the family hangout. I love the hangouts with my family. I was kind of a me monster, and took way to long so sorry family. However, it was a great chat and I enjoyed the chat at the end with just Klaire, my mom and dad, and I. It was a such a great Sunday. I was really struggling with making the Sabbath a delight, but I have found being able to walk to church helps, and also everyone waking up at 4:00. It really makes a big difference. Anyway there are our birthday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment