Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Temple

This last weekend we got the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple. I am really trying to get to the temple once every two months and I was super afraid that something completely unavoidable was going to come up but it didn't. In fact, Gaupo was able to get most of his homework done BEFORE Saturday, so there wasn't a lot of pressure on that account.

It was such a glorious day. We got off early, later than intended, but I am pretty sure earlier than we have ever gotten off before. We were at the temple at 9:30AM. We were suppose to try and catch the 9:30 session, but obviously that didn't happen, so we were going to go to the 10:00 session, but that one was all full too. So, we were going to go to the 10:30 session, but then Gaupo had a great idea--do sealings. We haven't done Sealings since before Tia was born. That is way to long to go without doing it. I LOVED it. It was so fun to sit next to Gaupo in the temple. The sealing rooms have a have a special spirit in them. It is as if those saints are so excited that they fill that room with their happiness. It was so great. It was awesome to hear the sealing ordinance over and over again. To hear what covenants we make, but also the blessings that can be ours. Along with doing couple sealings, we got to help seal some sons to their parents. That was kind of a treat since our little boy is in heaven. It was great to hear the promises that are given to children that are sealed to their parents. This family unit is so amazing. In the temple, it just makes so much sense as to why we all need to be linked together. We are a family and we have to work together to receive eternal life. We finished up in the temple about 11:30 and headed out. It was such a beautiful day outside I convinced Gaupo to walk around the temple with me a couple of times. Oh what a beautiful day!

So, what did the girls do while we were in the temple? Let me me tell you. We are so lucky to have our Aunt Kitt live about 10 minutes from the temple. Kitt met us at the temple and we passed the girls off to her. Then when we found out we didn't need to rush into the temple she also helped us grab a few family photos before going in. That was way fun. Pretty sure everyone should take a jumping family photo before going into the temple. It just puts you in a great mood.

This is the result of Gaupo being silly, but we are still so cute.
Kylee, Me, Gaupo, and Tia
We are so cute.
JUMP!
After we went into the temple, I am not sure exactly what happened, but I know they had fun. It involved running on the sun, being by and most likely playing with the fountain, walking, and going to the park. Tia and Kylee just adore their Aunt Kitt. Tia has started crying every time I leave her, but not with Aunt Kitt she was more that happy to go and hang with her. The girls wanted to stay longer and Kitt was a great sport to let them have cheese sticks and oranges before they had to make the journey back home. She is such a great aunt and I know my girls had a great time.

Sitting so nicely.
Running on the sun.
Pondering the wonder of water.
In front of the temple
Aunt Kitt, Tia, and Kylee
Tia at the park
We successfully got home and put the girls down for naps. Then the rest of us took naps too. After naps we went to Wal-Mart to get some birthday surprises. Well while we were there we found out they were clearing their inventory so everything on clearance was 50% off of that price. So, we stocked up on some clothes for next year (hopefully) and got a couple of extra things too. It will be really fun, but man even on clearance clothes add up fast.

Saturday was a great day. I loved going to the temple and spending time with my family. I feel so blessed to have my family. I love the ones right here, and the ones far away. I seriously have the best family EVER. I am so glad that I can be with them FOREVER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment