Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas Break Week 2

Unlike the past few Christmases where we have just stayed at home and enjoyed the post Christmas holiday, this year we left for Arizona. We left at 4:50 on December 26th. We swung by an RTD station in Denver to pick up my sister Kitt's roommate Tabitha and headed to Arizona. We made good time. Tabitha helped a lot by reading to the kids, helping them get there food, and providing us with a good audio book. The girls were great travelers. We only had to make one in-the-middle-of-no-where stop to let Tia use the bathroom. The girls didn't complain, and I probably only got asked about 15 times if we were there yet. That may sound like a lot to some of you, but for a 13.5 hour trip I will take only 15 times. Sometimes I can get that many times in a simple cross-town trip. Anyway, the trip was uneventful which is the way I like it and we arrived at my folks home around 6:45. The kids got right to work playing with there cousins. I don't even think they had dinner that night because they just had a ton of fun playing. It always amazes me when good friends get together and pick up as if they played with each other every single day. My cousin Vance was visiting when we got there, so we visited with him a bit and then unloaded the car. I had a bit of dinner and then we got the kiddos to bed. Gaupo went to bed with them. He was exhausted. He drove the whole thing, but it wasn't for lack of Tabitha and I asking. Anyway, I stayed up and played Family Feud with my family. It was really funny because we got a little competitive with it and may or may not have almost had a feud breakout, but it was so fun. After the game, I may have done a little talking with my sisters upstairs, but I think I went to bed. I was pretty tired too.

Wednesday morning dawn early. Luckily not any earlier than 6:30, but still when the girls couldn't go downstairs until their cousin woke up it was too early. However, they survived and I survived and when we heard noisy we went downstairs. The day was mainly filled with playing and visiting. However, it was the day before Kitt's wedding, so there was lots of stuff to get done. In the morning it was going with Kitt to get her nails done. Then we had lunch and got the kiddos down for a nap. Then we had a little gathering. In the past, this gathering has been to "test" the person wanting to marry our sibling, but we had decided that Matthew had been "tested" enough and instead decided on something much better. We decided to go around the circle and have everyone tell one thing that they really liked about Matthew or a memory they had with him. Most mentioned how he made the best of Kitt shine and that he made her so happy. Kara and or Seth said they loved being able have him hang out with them even when Kitt wasn't there. I said I love the memories I have of summer 2017 with him--WaterWorld, swimming, good food, bike riding to the grocery store, and more swimming. I really enjoyed getting to know Matthew this summer it really was fun. After we all went Kitt and Matthew went and that was super sweet as well. Kitt told Matthew how she loved that whenever she was around him she felt comfortable and able to be herself. Matthew told all of us how he loved how we just scooped him up and accepted him. Then he told Kitt that he loved how she was just a really kind person. I don't know exactly what he said, but trust me it was sweet, he cried a little and it was very genuine. When we were all done they were presented with there Name plaque that is like the rest of ours. It has BLAYLOCK in the back and then Together Forever over the top. 

After we finished with that Matthew and Kitt needed to get ready to go take pictures. What happened next was new for our family. So, all us girls helped Kitt change. Then we all went downstairs and waited and watch Matthew and the other men as they saw Kitt come down in her dress. Matthew's reaction was perfect. You could tell he thought she was just beautiful. Those two kids are so in love. After we all ooohed, and awed a smidge they were off for pictures. While they were doing pictures the rest of us visited with Uncle John, Aunt Karen, and Grandpa who arrived right before the dress thing. While visiting we baked cookies, the kids played, and we sent Papa, John, and Karen uptown to get us some pizza for dinner. Around 5:30 everyone arrived home and Uncle David, Aunt Gaylynn, Lisa, Nathan, and Clara arrived and we had dinner. Then those that could went to the church to help the Blaylocks setup for the luncheon/reception. Those of us who didn't go, got the kids ready for bed. Then around 8:00 Lindsay decided to stay home with kids, and the rest of the kid-adults headed to DQ. So, all the kid-adults are Jack, Kara, Seth, Klaire, Lisa, Kitt, Me, and Vance. We went to DQ and got ice cream then went to Vance's house for bit to eat it. Then we went home and had a piggy party to get our piggies all ready for this wedding. After painting for awhile I took Lisa to where she was staying. We visited for a bit then I headed back and visited some more and we went to bed. Well sort of. My sisters and I have a habit for good or bad of talking before we go to bed and it usually happens as we are getting ready for bed. Kara, Kitt, and I chatted about married things for just a little and then we all went to bed. 

Thursday morning, the kids did a little better at sleeping in. I think we made it till about 7:00. We only had to wait a little bit before the other kids were awake. The morning was kind of spent getting ready to get Kitt married. Her luncheon was 11:30. I was suppose to be there at 11:15, but it was more like 11:20, but I didn't miss anything and I got what needed to be done done. At the luncheon we enjoyed good food and good company. It was our family and the Blaylocks. It was fun to just have food and visit. My Uncle Dayle didn't recognize me or so he said. He said he couldn't believe I had grown up and had kids. I am truly amazed at that too most times, but it still made me laugh. My Dad was last one to have say and it was really funny to hear him talk about the Bs. This was in relation to Blaylock and Bryces, and also Pres. Hinckley's B's. However, his finally line was "and also we will look for to more BBies.(babies)" BAHAHAH, I honestly can't believe he said that, but if some one was going to I am glad it was him and it was sure funny. After that, Kitt and Tabitha sang "It's Good to Be Alive." and then it was time to go to the temple. After getting things switched from luncheon to reception we headed to the temple. The sealing was beautiful and I thought the sealer did a great job. I loved the spirit in that room. I don't know if the spirit felt the same to others when I got married, but for me this time watching these two lovebirds get married the spirit was in the form of peaceful joy and it was so beautiful. I LOVE temple weddings. After the sealing we went and got our kids from the church and then went back to the temple and waited for Kitt. It was beautiful weather, so waiting was not a problem. It is actually a good thing because they kind of took a long time to come out, but they finally came out and we had pictures and then went home for some much needed naps. During naps Kara and I prepped the kitchen for the descending of much family for a simple sandwich dinner. I got it all ready and then I just sat for a little bit content to do nothing but as my Aunt Karen said ponder. That is right I pondered and chatted. About the time the kids woke up it was time to get dinner out and ready. So, we had dinner. The Blaylock family came and had dinner then about 6:00 Papa, Oma, Brother and Sister Blaylock, Gaupo, Jack, Uncle John and Aunt Karen went to the church to finish final preparations. That left us girls home with the Blaylock clan to just chill till go time. Kara and Seth are amazing at drumming up conversation with people, and they didn't fail us with Matthew's brothers. So, in the kitchen we got to get to know them a little better and that was actually really fun. Soon, it became time to go and everyone left and we finished cleaning things up and then headed to the reception too. The reception was fun and seemed to go really fast. I think Kitt had a good time, so it was all worth it. The take-down, present opening, and departure got us home about 10:00 or maybe only 9:00, but late and it was good. When everyone was home we visited for just a touch and then all went to bed, well not till after Klaire and I visited about life a little.

Friday, I slept in. By the time I actually got out of bed I had been awake for a little, but the bed was just so comfy and just right. Luckily Gaupo got up and took care of the girls for me and so I rested just a bit more. The morning was pretty laid back and spent a vast amount of it visiting. About 10:00 we said goodbye to the Idaho Folk. Then got ready for the day. Then about 11:30 my Vawdrey cousins came by for a day with us. This group of boys are my youngest cousins on the Brady side. We had a great day. We started by riding mules. My cousin Josh loves mules and has trained his well, so we were able to take turns riding them. Since there were quite a few of us my dad has his air rocket going on a little ways over for entertainment as well. It worked pretty well for everyone. After mule riding we went and lunch. Then the kiddos took naps while us big kids went shooting. I rode out only to ride back, so I could say hi and bye to my best friend Emily. I was hoping it would be longer but come to find out she was on her way to the temple and running late. Oh well, at least I got to see her and luckily our friendship has never been high maintenance. After visiting with her I walked back to where we were shooting and joined the fun. I haven't gone shooting in long time and I am not as bad as I once was. I am not great, but that come with not being able to close one of my eyes for aiming, but I am figuring it out. After we had shot and re-setup targets about 3 or 4 times we headed back. I walked back with my Aunt Shara and sister. It was good to just chat, and fun to watch those cousins of mine learn to drive a four-wheeler. After shooting we just kind of hung around for a while. Around 6:30/6:00 we had dinner. It was my brother Jack's birthday, so we had his traditional meal of homemade chicken noodle soup. It was tasty. After dinner and getting kids to bed it was game time. We played Buzzword, Taboo, Reverse Charades, and Guesstures. It was so fun. It was fun to watch everyone do things and have everyone participate. It was a really fun night that didn't end till a little after nine. I think that the Vawdrey family enjoyed there day with us because they weren't super anxious to leave and with a day like that there isn't a whole lot to complain about. It was just good family fun.

Saturday was a restful day. It was Klaire's birthday and I am sure she feels slighted because we didn't really do anything. However, I did make her waffles for breakfast and my mom even had raspberry jam and cream, so that made them really fancy. Then we had steak with roasted veggies for dinner. I know dinner isn't her favorite meal, but its a good one and my brother and Lindsay are super good at roasting veggies, so dinner was  good. Anyway, I can't really remember anything that we actually did on Saturday except we had a weiner roast for lunch which was really fun. Arizona Christmas weather is perfect or such activities. The girls tried playing in the pool, but froze, so I convinced them to get out by saying they could swim in Oma's tub later. So, it was a great afternoon outside followed by naps. I tried playing a game with Klaire, but I swear my kids have a certain vibe for if I am going to play a game mid-day that they must ask me for help as soon as we get started. Oh well, we played for a bit. Then we did the bubble bath in Oma's tub and then dinner and bed. After the kiddo's were asleep and a through search of the house for a pacifier (it wasn't found until new ones were purchased open and used. It was under the counter in the kitchen), we watch the movie Hidden Figures. I really like it. Gaupo said watching history isn't his favorite, but you know that is okay and he enjoyed being with us. It was a very much needed relaxful day.

Sunday was New Year's Eve. We went to church and there was a three missionary farewell that day, so it was packed. However, the prospective missionaries did great and it was fun to hear them speak. After church we went home and had lunch and naps. I don't think the house was ever as quiet as it was during that Sunday afternoon naptime. It was awesome. Then the kids woke up and it was loud again, but they enjoyed playing and playing. Around 5:30 we had dinner of Nachos which I think might be become my favorite meal. It was really good. Then we let the kids play a bit more. Then it was time for them to go to bed. We played five crowns with Jason before he went to bed. When he went to be my dad and Seth stopped playing games too. So that left Oma, Jack, Klaire, Kara, Lindsay, and I to ring in the New Year. We played Cover Your Assets until about Midnight when we got the Martinelli's ready, and recapped the year. My family has had quite the year. We had three graduations, three moves, 1 new birth, 2 kindergartners start school, 1 wedding, and all the little stuff in between. At midnight we toasted in the New Year and went to bed. Well, actually I talked to Lindsay for a bit in the kitchen before heading there, but it was great.

I woke up at 5:00, read my scriptures, got ready, loaded the car, got the girls and headed home. Gaupo again drove the whole way. It took us 14 hours this time, but the girls still did really good and so we will probably travel again some day. But, I think we will hangout here for just a bit and enjoy our house. It was a such a great vacation. My kids did great. Gaupo was a trooper with hanging out with all of us and helping out with all the little things. It was so fun. I am so blessed to have been able to travel as much as we have, to have a home, 2 children who are happy and love school. Gaupo is so close to being done with school, we have one semester left. This is amazing!! We have had a really good year. Nothing crazy big, but I am totally good with that. I qualify our amazing summer as my big event of the year because it was great. I loved 2017 and am looking forward to 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment