Friday, January 5, 2018

Tia is 4

Tia turned 4. I think Tia thoroughly enjoyed her birthday, but it was a little not so great for me. It only was because things were too rushed and just didn't quite feel as I thought they should, but the main thing is Tia loved it, and we did indeed celebrate it.

The celebration preparations started the night before when I half made Tia's birthday sign. I was like yeah, I will get half of it done and let the girls help with the rest and it will be awesome. Well it was until Kylee pointed out that it was Tia's 4th birthday not her 3rd like all the signs said. Augh!! Well, I remade the half I made the night before and Kylee helped me finish the other parts. So, we got the sign up and I got them balloons even though I didn't have them already done because we were all decorated for Christmas and I wasn't sure how well Christmas and balloons would go, but the girls were so excited for balloons I just couldn't say no. After the birthday sign was done and balloons out. I got ready for the day and then Gaupo came down stairs and we gave Tia her first present...Her new 'big' bike. It is a 16" two-wheeler. It is a little big, but she has gotten the hang of it and all of us are in trouble. Okay, not really but boy is she speedy on that bike. Luckily her birthday was perfect outdoor weather, so she was able to ride a little before we had to get Kylee to school.

However, while Gaupo was helping her ride in the house an owey finger she had burst. So, we decided that we needed to add a doctor visit to our agenda of the day. So, while I was making pancakes and I called the doctor and got an appointment for 3:00 that afternoon. Kylee ate breakfast really good, but Tia didn't and I ended up taking hers in the car with us. However, she just really wasn't that hungry. Anyway, we got Kylee to school, and then Tia and I went shopping to pick up the fruit we needed for her birthday dinner--pancakes. Then we rushed that home and went to speech. Speech was pretty good. After that we headed to her 'party.' For her party, I swung by Little Ceasers and grab 2 pizzas. I dropped of two slices at home and picked up Trent and Tori. Then we headed out to Sandstone Ranch to meet up with Jacob, Sis. Carolyn, Jensen, Calvin, and Sis. Bethany. We arrived just after Jacob and the rest arrived shortly after. The next two hours were spent visiting over pizza, the kids riding bikes and playing, and soaking up some bright Colorado sun. It really would have been the perfect day, but Carolyn, Bethany, and I seemed to not get our conversation to jive and flow like we normally do, so it was more awkward than I had thought, but boy oh boy did the kids have a great time and were not ready to leave. However, once we were home they went down easy for naps. The only problem with that was I needed to be at the doc at 3:00 with Tia. So, I tried asking Bethany, but she couldn't . I made a few more calls and finally found someone that could come right then to stay at home so I didn't have to take all the kids with me. Jennifer Bigham was the one that came to the rescue and I am so glad.
The kids were 'ice skating' on this patch of ice. 
The doctors wasn't too bad. They told us her finger was infected, but it was still in the tissue, so oral antibiotics would work. So, it was like 3:30/3:45 and I went to get the prescription and they said the wait was 5-10 mintues. I was like perfect that will give me ample time to get home. Well, it took FOREVER, because apparently they don't carry the medicine the doctor prescribed and, so they had to get another one and refigure the dosage. AGHHHH!! Finally about 4:20 we were on our way home and I asked Tia if she wanted her blue cake that night or the next. She said that night. (I shouldn't have offered, oh well.) So, I got home and started on the cake. Now, I was too cheap to buy ice cream, so I was making the cake glutten free so Kitt could eat it. Well, it just takes time to make a cake from scratch. However, I got it made amidst the choas of 4 kids and started one layer cooking. When it was done, I turned off the oven because I was going to wait to do the next layer. However, I changed my mind and put the second layer in and then set the timer and had dinner. Well when the timer rang I checked the cake and guess what, I didn't turn the timer on. AGHHHHHHH!!! You would think I would just stop, but no I kept going. I baked it. Then let it cool. We played with a couple of the gifts Tia had already opened while waiting for the cake to cool and Aunt Kitt to come. Well, Aunt Kitt was pretty late, but I got the cake decorated, but it looked pretty terrible. Finally Aunt Kitt got there. We opened the rest of the presents and had cake. It was NASTY!! Not because it was GF, but because instead of just dying it blue I put blue jello in it and then frosted it with normal frosting. It was gross. No one finished a piece of it. I actually threw the whole thing away, except for the blue candy I pulled off so Tia could eat it the next day. Needless to say, it was  pretty rough day. Kitt had had a rough day to at at the early hour of about 10ish we called it a night deciding any conversation we had would not be productive or uplifting, so we went to bed. LAME!! However, it was totally for the best because we both need sleep and a restart.
Tia with her Train from Kylee.
Tia eating her Birthday Dinner.
Tia opening presents.
Tia with her blue cake.
Gaupo, Me, Kylee, and Tia.
Us silly girls.
Tia on her birthday night. She carried her baby in the new pack n play out to the hall to fall asleep. Sh was one tired girl.
Luckily that wasn't the end of our weekend. Saturday was the next day and it was pretty leisurely. Kitt and I didn't wake up until about 8/8:30 the  next morning. I fixed us a delicious breakfast of eggs, sausage, and french fries (we didn't have hashbrowns). Then I started making preparations for our High Heel Party. It kind of took a bit of work to make tiny tarts, and egg salad, but it was worth it. At noon we held are party. We had dainty finger sandwiches, crackers, clementine oranges, and lemonade. For dessert we had tiny tarts. Apparently my kitchen was having an issue making desserts because the tarts weren't that great, but everything else was great. We ate on fancy little plates I got from my RS dinner earlier that week. We drank out of fancy glasses. Okay, Kylee was the only one with a fancy glass, the rest of us drank from jelly jars, but they were glass and it totally worked. We enjoyed dainty talk and wearing our heels. After we finished eating we had a dance party and then naps. I honestly don't remember if my girls will remember anything about this party, but I do know that moments like this are worth the effort because they are what allow for good memories and relationships later.
The girls and I making the pudding for tarts.
Our classy high heels.
Us with our fancy food. (Kitt, Tia, Kylee, Me)
A close up of our food.
The Tarts.
Kylee drinking from her fancy cup.
Anyway, while the girls were taking a nap, Kitt and I headed out to find Matthew a Christmas present. We were successful at Lowe's. Kitt got him a really handy tool kit that I think he will like and use a lot. When we got home Kylee was awake, but Kitt and I snatched a moment downstairs to show Kitt what the girls were getting for Christmas. Then we played games and just chilled for a bit before getting a dinner of greasy tacos ready to eat. After a great dinner it was time to say good-bye to Kitt. We got her stocked up on some good sugar supplies and sent her off. It was a little sad to see her go because I knew it would be a long time before she could come back to just hangout. However, I am glad it was a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment